2008-01-26

Killing me softly

Probably nobody will be so surprised that this song, "Tihi ubica" by Jelena Karleuša, is a pretty uninteresting reworking of pop motifs that are well known to everyone. Nor is anybody likely to be terribly surprised that a TF (yes, since the genre no longer contains "turbo" or "folk," we should drop all referents from its name like they did with KFC) video is modelled after a Martian's dream of what a lingerie catalog must look like. Some of you may recognise the building in which the spot was filmed -- I will confess that I did not until I read a news item about it -- as a place of some renown. It is in fact the oldest educational institution in Serbia, the secondary school in Sremski Karlovci. In all probability this is the first time the institution has been used as a backdrop for cheesecake with čvarci since the school opened its doors in 1792. The alumni are angry, and the director says he has no idea how permission was granted.

My opinion? I think the doggie in the video is very impressive.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been a fan of Jelena Karleuša, and the last thing we need is to see her in even skimpier clothing.

I couldn't make it through the songy. 1:30 was enough for me.

Eric Gordy said...

You didn't miss a thing.

Anonymous said...

Have you seen "Greater Surbiton"?

Eric Gordy said...

Oh yes, I have been meaning to add that to the blogroll. I'll take this as a reminder. Since I go to Euston station every day, I feel a spiritual connection.

Catherine said...

One B-list TF video that used to do the rounds on BK had been shot on someone's cameraphone at Sydney (?) airport...