2006-03-17

While you were away

Blogger seems to have been having some difficulty, with any luck whatever problem there was has been resolved.

Today has turned out to be a bad day for conspiracy theorists. An autopsy of Slobodan Milošević did not find traces of the drug about which everybody has been speculating. On the other hand, this may turn out to be just fine for conspiracy theorists. It has also been a bad day for museum directors, who can apparently be overruled on the question of what exhibit from the general interest area of necrophilia can be placed in their institutions.

For everything else around questions of burials, memorials and museumgoing, Viktor is keeping the world posted (with illustrations!). Highlights: the death announcement from the symbolic Ćurčići in Politika, and photos.

5 comments:

Eric Gordy said...

Aha! I was wondering where the surname came from! Coincidentally, it's also my wife's name, but I'm sure she had nothing to do with this.

Anonymous said...

A mutual acquaintance referred me to your blog, and I'm very glad he did. (Enjoyed your book a few years ago, btw!) I was glad to see this link to the rifampicin non-story, and credited you on my blog. :)

Sve najbolje!

Eric Gordy said...

Hey there Frank! Would that have been Aaron? If so, greetings to him. If not, greetings to him anyway.

Anonymous said...

Aaron it was, and I'll certainly pass on your greetings. Though you're more likely to see him more often than I am in Virginia. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmm I find surnames in this part of the world fascinating.

Curcic? Wasnt there a football - soccer player called Curcic who plied his trade in England?

And isnt there a Croatian European activist called Curcic (European House or something)?

How they laughed at that Summer school - people seemed to find it amusing to call him Ccc (ch ch ch)