2007-07-16

Letnji raspust

Observant readers will have already noticed that I have not been posting here much of late. The reasons for this are nothing unusual: I have been pretty busy here in Belgrade, and the preparation for my new job and our move is fairly intensive. So this has not left a lot of time or energy for posting.

This tells me that it may be time to give East Ethnia a well deserved rest. I'll be leaving the site alone until at least September or so, when I will be resurfacing in a new location. It is also possible that I may put some time into conceiving another type of web presence, after three years of this blog. Keep your eyes open, I will either reappear here in the same format or announce something else.

7 comments:

Shaina said...

I've greatly enjoyed (and learned a lot) from this blog. Best of luck in London; and I hope we get to see more writing from you (in whatever form) in the fall.
If not, thanks for East Ethnia, I hope you will at least keep the site up as an archive.

Katja R. said...

I strongly advise at least keeping the site as an archive, look what happens when people REALLY go away, they get obnoxious cyber-squatters.
I hope you will continue the site, it's good, and informative.

Belle said...

I agree with Shaina and Yakima; I just discovered EE, and already miss you. A student of Balkan history, I find your observations fascinating.

Eric Gordy said...

Thanks for your nice comments. I am silent for now while I try to arrange this mess I am making for myself -- a big move to another country would have been a breeze when I was 20, but that was a long time ago! But I will definitely revive some sort of web presence, whether it is through this blog or in some other form. I have been thinking of ways to take advantage of the concentration of Balkanological brilliance that London offers.

Anonymous said...

The East Ethnian hiatus means I nearly missed Balkan Beats on BBC Radio 4 this lunchtime. Thanks for the interesting comments!

Eric Gordy said...

Oh, they put on that show. It was a lot of fun talking with them, we sat in the park behind SKC and I regaled them with memories of Balkan garage music.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't heard the programme as broadcast go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/progs/radioplayer_holding.shtml#b
Look for Balkan Beats then click on Listen. I think they keep it there for a week which means that it should be there till Saturday (counted from the repeat).